CAULIFLOWER KURMA / GOBI KURMA
Cauliflower Kurma is a type of south indian kurma variety that goes well with roti , poori or pulao variety or even with steamed rice. You can also serve this kurma along with appam , idiyappam varieties too. This is easy to make and taste delicious with the flavor of cauliflower. This is also a very healthy gravy . This also a type of white kurma and spiced only with g.chili . Its done regularly at my home as my family is cauliflower lovers. So lets look at the steps of making this kurma.
Preparation Time : 15 mints | Cooking Time : 20 mints | Serves : 3 - 4
Cauliflower - 1 medium sized Onion - 1 cup lengthwise chopped
Tomato - 3/4 cup chopped
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tbspn
Turmeric - 1/4 tbspn
Water - as required
Salt - as required
Cumin powder - 1/2 tspn
Garam masala - 1 tspn
Oil - 3 tbspn
Cumin seeds - 1 tspn
Bay leaf - 2
Coriander leaves - few chopped
To Grind :
Coconut - 1/4 cup
Potukadalai / Roasted gram dal - 2 tbspn
Mint Leaves - few
Green chilies - 3
Fennel seeds - 1 tspn
Cinnamon - 1 small piece
Cardamom - 1
Cloves - 3
1. Cut cauliflower into small florets. Wash it well in water. Add all the ingredients under to grind into the blender and grind it to a fine paste and keep it aside.
2. Put the washed cauliflower in water along with a little salt and turmeric and boil for 5 minutes. Drain the water completely and keep it aside.
3. Heat oil, add bay leaf and cumin seeds . When it sizzles, add sliced onion and fry until onions turn transparent. Then add ginger-garlic paste and saute for a few mints.
4. Add chopped tomatoes and cook until the tomato becomes mushy. Add coriander powder and cumin powder and mix well. Then add the cauliflower florets.
5. Mix well and add the grinded paste. Mix gently to get the masala coated well. Add the required salt.
6. Then add required water and cook on medium flame until the raw smell goes . Garnish with coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
Serve the hot kurma with roti .
My Notes :
1. Increase or decrease the amount of g.chili as per spice you need.
2. Adding mint leaves is completely optional,
3. You can also add peas along with this kurma.