WHOLE WHEAT COUNTRY SUGAR CAKE
Wheat Country Sugar Cake is a soft and healthy cake prepared with wheat flour and country sugar. This is very easy to make and taste very delicious. This cake is simple , healthy without Maida and refined sugar. I baked it today in cooker on stove.
Lets quickly look at the recipe to make this cake.
Whole wheat flour or Atta – 1 cup
Country sugar – 3/4 cup
Curd – 1/2 cup Oil – 1/2 cup (any plain oil)
Milk – 1/2 cup ( at room temperature ) Baking powder – 1 tspn Baking soda – 1/2 tspn Salt – 1/8 tspn Vanilla essence – 1 tspn
Butter / Oil for greasing
1. In a Mixer Jar, add curd, oil and country sugar together.
2. Beat well until its combined and sugar dissolved completely. Transfer to the bowl and add wheat flour to it after sieving.
3. Add baking powder, baking soda and salt after sieving. Mix well slowly and then add milk.
4. Add milk little by little (milk should be at room temperature) and mix until combined. Do not over mix. Add a tsp of vanilla essence and mix well. Grease a 6 inch cake tin with butter or ghee or oil. Place a parchment paper.
5. Choose a pressure cooker that is wide enough to hold your cake tin. Remove weight and the gasket(black rubber) from the lid of your pressure cooker. Pour the salt filling the bottom layer of cooker. I used that stand usually comes with the pressure cooker . Place the stand inside the cooker as shown below .
6. Close the cooker with a lid with no whistle. Keep the flame to medium for 5mins . Preheat the cooker to set like an oven. Transfer the mixture to the greased tray. Gently tap the tin to remove air bubbles. Added tutti fruitti and chopped nuts on top.
7. Carefully lift the cake pan and place it inside the cooker on the stand without touching the sides of the cooker. Pressure cook without whistle in medium - low heat for 35 - 40 mins . Insert a toothpick in the center of the cake to check if it is cook. Switch off and leave the cake in the cooker for 5 mins then open carefully. Remove the cake pan from the cooker and cool it for 5-10 mins. Then invert the cake tin to demolds the cake easily.
Slice it and enjoy healthy cake..
My Notes :
Using pressure cooker for baking occasionally is fine.
Instead of cooker you can even use heavy bottom kadai with lid.
Cooking time may vary depending on thickness of pressure cooker, size of the cake tin and flame setting of stove.
I used my 5 litre aluminum pressure cooker.
Instead of country sugar you can also use jaggery.
Adding toppings to cake is optional. You can also add chopped nuts to the cake mix and then add it to the tin.
If you bake in oven, bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree C for 30 minutes or until done.
Instead of parchment paper dust flour on all sides and pour the batter.