RIBBON PAKODA / NADA MURUKKU / OLA PAKODA
Ribbon Pakoda is a very popular South Indian tea time snack . It is also called as Nada or Ola pakoda. This is an easy murukku variety which is made during diwali or krishna jeyanthi. It is very simple to prepare and tastes great . This can be made with various proportion of flour. Today i made a easy and simple variety with the ready made flour.
Lets learn to make this murukku today.
Preparation Time : 10 mints | Cooking Time : 30 mints
Rice flour - 1 cup
Besan flour - 1 cup
Salt - 1 tbspn
Red chili powder - 1/2 tbspn
Turmeric - 1/4 tbspn
Hing - 1tspn
Oil - for deep frying + 2 tbspn
Water - as required.
1. Take a mixing bowl and add the rice flour and besan flour by sieving them. Then add the salt,turmeric,red chili powder,hing to it. Mix together all in a wide bowl Heat oil for deep frying.
2. Add required water and mix as a dough. Once it's hot, take 2 teaspoons and add to the flour mixture .Take a tennis ball-sized amount of dough and create a log out of it .Transfer to the pakoda press .
3. To check if the oil is hot enough, add small a ball of dough in it. If it immediately sizzles up, the oil is ready Press the pakoda directly into the hot oil using a circular motion . Once the pakoda stops sizzling too much and the oil calms down, gently flip so both sides can get cooked When the ribbon pakoda turns a golden brown, drain and set aside on a plate lined with paper towels .
4. The other method is to press the pakoda directly into the hot oil by breaking them with regular intervals . You will get small pieces of murukku like this. You can repeat the any one method to prepare rest of the murukku.
Ribbon Pakoda is ready to serve.
My Notes :
1. Always sieve the flour before doing murukku. If the flour is not of fine texture the pakoda will break when we make it.
2. Fry the murukku in hot oil. If you make the make the flame low then the Nada will drink lot of oil.
3. Adding hot oil to the flour mixture gives crispiness to the murukku.
4. You can also add 2 tbspn of melted butter while adding chili powder.
5. Instead of red chili powder and turmeric you can add the pepper powder.
6. You can also add garlic paste if you like the flavor.
#snacks #teatimesnacks #ribbonpakoda #nada #olapakoda #murukkuvarieties #ribbonmurukku #festivalitems #diwalirecipes #gokulashtamirecipes