TAWA PANEER MASALA
Tawa Paneer Masala Recipe is a popular Punjabi dish which is usually cooked on the tawa or skillet. This is a delicious and simple semi-dry curry which is best to accompany with rice or roti or naan. As the Curry is cooked in a tawa gives a unique flavor and taste to the dish.
The curry is made of paneer along with the capsicum,onion cooked in tomato gravy with spices and fresh cream. Lets look at the steps to make the tawa paneer masala.
Preparation Time : 15 mints | Cooking Time : 15 mints | Serves : 2
Butter – 3 Tbspn
Cumin Seeds – 1 Tspn
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tbspn
Green chilies – 1 slitted
Onion (finely chopped) – 3/4 Cup
Capsicum (finely chopped) – 3/4 Cup
Paneer (cubes) – 1 1/2 Cup
Tomatoes (roughly chopped) – 2 medium
Kashmiri Chili Powder – 2 tspn
Pav Bhaji masala – 2 tspn
Coriander Powder – 1 tspn
Kitchen King Masala – 1/2 tspn
Salt – 3/4 tspn
Sugar – 1/2 tspn
Dry Fenugreek Leaves / Kasoori Methi – 1/2 tspn
Heavy Cream – 3 Tbspn
Lemon Juice – 1/2 tspn
Cilantro (chopped) – 1 Tbspn
Mint leaves (chopped) – 1 Tbspn
1. In a blender add tomatoes, pav bhaji masala, coriander powder, red chili powder, kitchen king masala and make a smooth paste. Keep this aside. Heat the tawa and add butter.
2. When it is medium hot, add cumin seeds. Let them sizzle. Add onions, g.chili and cook till golden brown. Then add ginger garlic paste.
3. Saute for a minute and add capsicum. Mix well and fry for 1 min. Add the ground masala paste, sugar and salt.
4. Cook the masala for 5-7 mints or until oil oozes from the sides. Once the masala is cooked, dilute it with required water. Add crushed kasoori methi, paneer cubes and Mix well. Cook for a minute.
5. Add mint, cilantro, lemon juice,cream. Mix well. Turn off the flame.
Serve hot with rotis / naan..!!
My Notes :
1. Adding the Kashmiri chili powder and pav bhaji masala gives bright color to the curry.
2. You can also fry the paneer in ghee and add it to the curry.
3. Adding cream is optinaol.