HOW TO MAKE IDLI
Idli is most popular breakfast especially in southern part of India. Idli is most digestible food taken from kids to old people at all time. It can be served along with chutney or sambar or podi. We all love soft idlis any time. There are many varieties like kanchipuram idli,thatte idli etc.. This is the basic idli and just sharing the method of making idli using the idli pot. Hope this helps you to learn some new tips.
1. Use the First two or three times of batter for idli. This helps you to get soft idli. The batter should be as shown in the image. Keep the water at the idli pot and turn on the stove. Grease the idli plate with oil and fill the batter 3/4 th. It will raise.
2. Keep in idli pot and cover lid . Cook for 7 to 10 mints. After 8 mints remove and keep out for a minute. Insert back of spoon and check weather its cooked. Remove the idli using spoon dipped in water. Idli is ready.
My Notes :
1. Use the First two or three times of batter for idli. This helps you to get soft idli.
2. The batter should not be too thick. It should be like in image 1. It should not be watery.
3. Greasing oil to get idli without sticking. You can use any oil for this. The oil spray can also be used. It helps to remove idli easily. Also if needed you can use cloth and make idli. That type oil not needed.
4. You can use idli pot to make. Else use the idli stand keep in pressure cooker without whistle.
#idli #softidli #idlimaking #tiffinrecipes #breakfastrecipes #dinnerrecipes #cookingbasics #avaniavattamrecipes