Chili Bread is the perfect snack variety to have during tea time. This is made of bread with onion tomato paste and masala powders. This is similar to the method of making chili parota. This is my family favorite snack variety. So thought of sharing this in my blog. Lets look at the method of preparing this recipe.
Preparation Time : 15 mints | Cooking Time : 20 mints | Serves : 2
Bread slices - 8
Ghee - 1 tbspn
Oil - 1 tbspn
G.chili - 1
Onion - 1/4 cup chopped
Capsicum - 1/4 cup chopped
Salt - to taste
Ketchup - 2 tspn
Red chili powder - 1 tbspn
Garam masala - 1/2 tbspn
Water - little
Coriander leaves - little chopped
To Grind :
Oil - 2 tbspn
Ginger - 1 tbspn chopped
Garlic - 1 tbspn chopped
Cashews - 1 tbspn broken
Onion - 1/4 cup chopped roughly
Tomato - 1 small chopped roughly
1. Cut the edges of the bread and toast the bread with toaster. Then Cut the bread into bite size pieces.
2. Then toast the bread again with the ghee in a kadai to get crunchy texture.
3. In a kadai add oil then fry the ginger,garlic and cashews till it turns golden. Then add the onions and cook till pink. Then add the tomatoes.
4. Cook till the tomatoes are soft. Allow it to cool and add it to the blender and grind it to a fine paste.
5. In a pan add the g.chili,onions . Cook till pink add the capsicum and give gentle mix . Add the grinded paste to it.
6. Add red chili powder,garam masala,salt and ketchup. Mix well and add little water to cook masala. Cook till raw smell goes and water dry.
7. Then add the bread mix gently. Top the coriander leaves and turn off the stove.
Now the Bread Chili is ready to serve.
My Notes :
1. You can even grind the green chili instead of chopping and adding it.
2. Instead of toasting the bread you can deep fry in oil and also add it.