KEERAI VADAI / SPINACH VADAI
Keerai Vadai / Spinach vadai is a savory snack variety popular in India. This is made of spinach leaves along with lentils and deep fried in oil. It can be had along with breakfast or with rice. It is also be a apt tea time snack to have it with ketchup. Steps for making vadai is as follows.
Preparation Time: 30 mints| Cooking Time : 45 mints|Severs: 15 vadai
Toor Dal - 1/2 cup
Channa Dal - 1/2 cup
Green Chili - 2
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Salt - to taste
Turmeric - 1tsp
Hing - 1 tsp
Spinach - 1 cup finely chopped
Oil - deep frying
Water - as required
1. Soak both the dal together for at-least for two hours. Then drain the water completely and grind it to a coarse paste along with green chili , ginger and salt. Add water if necessary.
2. Add the chopped spinach to the dal mixture along with hing and turmeric. Mix well together. Heat the oil . Once the oil is hot flatten the vadai and add it to the oil.
3. Fry it on both sides till golden brown. Once the bubbles stops remove the vadai from oil.
Hot Spinach vadai is ready to serve.
My Notes :
1. If you want add some fennel seeds and grind it along with dal.
2. You can also add chopped curry-leaves and coriander leaves along with spinach.