Potato is almost all of our favorite vegetable.Potato Poriyal is the most easiest and simplest poriyal variety that goes well with any indian lunch menu. This is a favorite poriyal item of our family. This is best side-dish which suits to any lunch menu. It can be made very quickly too. Lets look at the method of making it.
Preparation Time: 15 mints| Cooking Time : 25 mints|Severs: 3
Golden Potatoes - 8
Oil - 3 tbspn
Mustard Seeds - 1 tbspn
Cumin Seeds - 1 tspn
Curry Leaves - few
Onion - 1/4 cup lengthwise chopped
Sambar Powder - 1 tbspn
Salt - to taste
Hing - 1 tspn
Coriander leaves - few finely chopped
1. Pressure cook the potatoes for two whistle. After pressure cools peel the skin of potatoes and cut into bite size pieces.
2. In a pan heat the oil , add the mustard and cumin seeds . Allow it to pop then add curry leaves and onion. Cook till onion turns transparent. Then add the potatoes and mix well.
3. Add the sambar powder,hing and salt. Mix well and cook till its turns crispy. Then serve with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve the poriyal for lunch.
My Notes :
1. You can add the spice powders as per your taste.
2. Also cook in medium flame till you get crispy potatoes. Dont allow it to burnt.