Capsicum / Bell Pepper Stir Fry is a dry curry or poriyal variety simple and easy to make. This is perfect to serve as side dish for pulao , roti or rice varieties. The crunchy texture of capsicum and roasted besan flour gives nice flavor and taste to the poriyal.
Today i made this with red and green color capsicum. You can also use multi color or only with green capsicum. Lets look at the method to make this stir fry.
Preparation Time : 10 mints | Cooking Time : 15 mints | Serves : 3
Oil - 2 tbspn
Cumin Seeds - 2 tspn
Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Besan / kadalai maavu - 4 tbspn
Turmeric - 1/4 tspn
Sambar Powder - 2 tspn
Hing - 1/4 tspn
Green Capsicum - 1 chopped
Red Capsicum - 1 chopped
Salt - to taste
1. Heat the oil in the kadai, add cumin seeds and allow it to pop. Then add the chopped onion to it.
2. Cook till the onion becomes translucent. Then add the besan flour and roast it in low flame for 8 - 10 mints.
3. Now add the turmeric powder, sambar powder and hing. Mix evenly . Then add chopped capsicum and salt to taste.
4. Let this cook in a medium low flame. Stir in between without getting burnt. Saute well till the besan gets cooked and leaves a nice aroma. Turn off the flame.
Capsicum Stir Fry is ready to serve...!!
My Notes :
1. You can add Garam masala instead of hing.
2. Do not cover and cook as it will leave water and make the subzi soggy.
3. Multi color / Single color capsicum can be used to make the curry.
4. Make sure to dry roast the besan in a low flame for 10 minutes.