COCONUT BURFI / THENGAI BURFI
Coconut Burfi is the most popular sweet done during many festivals like Krishna jeyanthi , Diwali etc.. This is made by mixing the coconut in the sugar syrup. I tried it today and it turned out really well. So thought of sharing this in my blog. Here comes the step wise pictures of making coconut burfi.
Preparation Time:15 mints| Cooking Time : 30 mints|Severs: 15 burfi
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Sugar - 1.5 cups
Water - 1/2 cup
Cardamom - 1 tspn
Ghee / Clarified Butter - 2 tbspn + 1 tspn
1. Grease the plate with the ghee in which you are going to pour the burfi mixture.
2. In a kadai heat the sugar and water together. Allow the sugar to dissolves completely and form the one string consistency. After that add the grated coconut to the sugar syrup slowly.
3. Mix well and once it starts the bubbles . Add the ghee and cardamom to it. Then cook for 5 mints by keep on stirring. It forms like a mass by leaving the sides.
4. Pour the mixture in the greased tray and set it by back side of spoon . Cut into pieces with little warm . Allow it to cool and remove the pieces. Then store in air tight container.
Hot coconut burfi is ready to serve.
My Notes :
1. If you like adding chopped nuts, you can roast and add it while adding the ghee.
2. You can also roast the coconut in ghee and add to the sugar syrup.