A bajji is a spicy Indian snack or entree dish similar to a fritter, with several variants. There are various type of bajji available such as onion bajji,potato bajji,milagai bajji or bread bajji. For all type bajji batter is same. Today lets see how to make milagai bajji. It is very apt bajji for the winter or rainy seasons.
Preparation Time:10 mints| Cooking Time : 15 mints|Severs: 10 bajji
Bajji Milagai - 10
Besan flour - 1 cup
Rice flour - 1/2 cup
Salt to taste
Water as required
Baking soda - pinch (optional)
hing - 1/4tbspn
Food color - Optional
Red chili powder - 1 tbspn
1. Wash and remove the seeds from the bajji Milagai by slitting it lightly as shown in the picture.
2. Take a mixing bowl and add besan flour , rice flour , red chili powder,salt , hing to it. I don't add food color and baking soda today. If u want add that also to mixing bowl.Add the required amount of water and make it to the bajji batter. Bajji batter should not be too thick nor too thin.
Heat oil in the kadai and when its hot reduce the flame to medium flame. Dip the bajji milagai in the batter and roll all sides. Then add it in the oil for deep frying.
4. Fry it by turning on all sides. Remove from oil once the bubbles stopped.
Bajji is ready to serve. Serve Hot.
My Notes :
1. While mixing the water to batter add little by little. If batter is too thick it sticks to milagai easily but it forms thick coating and takes lot of time to cook. If batter is too thin it ll be watery and wont stick to the milagai.
2. Always keep oil in low to medium flame while deep frying. If oil is too hot or frying in high flame may cause bajji to cook outer layer easily . Inside it ll be raw.
3. Adding baking soda and food color is optional.
4. Instead of milagai bajji u can try with raw banana,bread , onion, potato,capsicum or brinjal.