PANEER FRIED RICE
Paneer Fried Rice is the most simple and easy rice variety which is perfect to have as a lunch / dinner. It pairs well with any Manchurian. This is a most perfect lunch box recipe and taste yummy all the time. The stir fried veggies and paneer gives a crunchy flavor and makes the rice more tasty.
As my family loves the paneer in any form this is my regular lunch menu. Lets look at the steps of making this recipe.
Preparation Time : 15 mints | Cooking Time : 20 mints | Serves : 2 - 3
Oil – 4 tbspn
Basmati rice – 1 cup Paneer – 1/2 cup chopped into small cubes
Garlic – 2 tspn finely chopped Carrot – /4 cup small finely chopped Cabbage – 1/3 finely chopped
Capsicum – 1/4 cup finely chopped Spring onions (white part) – 2 tbspn finely chopped Spring onions (green part) – 2 tbspn finely chopped Soya sauce – 1/2 tbspn Pepper powder – 1 tbspn Salt – to taste
Water – 1.5 cups
1. Cut the paneer into small cubes and soak in hot water for 15 mints. In a pan add 2 tbspn of oil and saute the paneer cubes till golden brown.
2. Soak basmati rice for 30 mints then pressure cook for 3 whistles in medium flame with 1.5 cups of water. Spread it in a plate and spray little oil. Allow it to cool down.
3. In a pan heat 2 tbspn of oil on a medium high flame . Once hot add garlic, spring onion white part saute for a minute till it turns slightly browned.
4. Add carrot,cabbage and saute for 2 mints.Then add capsicum. fry till the veggies shrink and raw smell goes off. Add pepper powder,required salt, soya sauce.
5. Add cooked rice and give a quick stir.Then add the spring onions green part, fried paneer cubes and give a quick stir. Turn off the flame.
Fried rice is ready to serve hot with Manchurian..!!
My Notes :
1. Adding veggies is as per your choice.
2. You can even add the crumbled or grated paneer instead of cubes.
3. Instead of oil you can also use butter.