Chocolate Burfi is the most simple and easy sweet variety that can be made in very less time. This is a perfect sweet for diwali. Also its mostly a special dessert for all chocolate lovers. This can be also called as chocolate fudge.
Today i made this burfi of maida / all purpose flour along with coco powder in sugar syrup. You can also make use of milk powder instead of maida. This is most simple burfi variety as no lumps forms in this. Lets look at the preparation of making this burfi.
Preparation Time : 5 mints | Cooking Time : 20 mints | Makes : 24 pieces
Maida / All purpose flour – 1 cup
Unsweetened Coco powder – 3 tbspn
Sugar – 1.5 cups
Water – 1/2 cup
Melted Ghee – 2 tbspn + 4 tbspn + for greasing
1. Grease a tray with ghee and keep it ready before you start. In a plate mix maida and coco powder together well so that it gets mixed evenly.In a kadai heat 2 tbspn of ghee and once melted add the maida coco powder mixture. Mix well and transfer it to plate again. Dont worry if there is lumps. It will be dissolved in sugar syrup.
2. In a same pan add sugar and water, stir well till sugar dissolves completely Let the syrup boil till the syrup reaches single string consistency. Add maida coco mixture and mix well . Keep on mixing till all the lumps are dissolved in few seconds it will become little thick. Then add the remaining 4 tbspn of ghee little by little and mix well.
3. I added a tbspn of ghee 4 times at regularly. After adding all the ghee it leaves the sides and forms like a mass. Then transfer the mixture to the greased tray.
4. Tap it gently to get smooth finish. Allow it to cool. When it is little warm, cut into squares. Remove the pieces when completely cool down. Store the burfi in air tight container for long life.
Hot chocolate burfi is ready to serve.
My Notes :
1. Instead of maida you can make this sweet with milk powder.
2. To check for sing string consistency : when you take the syrup between your fingers it should form a thin single string / take in laddle and drop again it forms like a sting that is the correct stage.
3. You can add chopped nuts on top immediately after pouring and tapping the mixture. Its completely optional.
4. Instead of ghee you can use oil too. Also you can use half oil and half ghee.