Beetroot Peas Pulao is the pulao variety that i came across internet while browsing. I thought of trying this with my tomato pulao version and it become a good hit with my family members and all loved it. So sharing it here today. As my family loves to eat beetroot poriyal with plain rice so i was confident in trying this pulao. Also its a perfect rice variety made for lunch box and during the lazy days. It can be made in less time and perfect to serve with raita or chips or pappad.
Its is a perfect pulao to all beetroot lovers.Lets look at the method of making this pulao in pressure cooker.
Preparation Time:20mints|Cooking Time : 30 mints|Serves :3
Ghee - 3tbspn
Basmati Rice - 1.5 cups
Onion- 3/4 cup chopped lengthwise
Coriander leaves - fistful
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1tbspn
Bay leaf - 2
Star Annis - 1
Cinnamon - 1 inch
Cardamom - 1
cloves - 3
Salt - 1tbspn
Turmeric - 1/4 tbspn
Red chili Powder - 1 tbspn
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tbspn
Garam masala - 1/4tspn
Green Peas - 1/4 cup(I used dried peas)
Water - 3 cups
1. Soak the basmati rice for one hour. In a Pressure Cooker heat the ghee. Once the ghee is hot add whole spices .
2. Add onions,g,chili,ginger garlic paste. Saute well till the onion turns transparent and the raw smell goes. Then add the coriander leaves and saute once.
3. Add the peas and all the spice powders cook for two mints till oil separates. Then add the shredded beetroot.
4. Strain the water from soaked rice and add the rice to cooker. Give a gentle mix.Add water , salt and pressure cook in medium flame for two whistles. Open the cooker once pressure subsides.
Beetroot pulao is ready to serve with raita.
My Notes :
1. Adding green peas to this pulao which is completely optional. I added dried peas so soaked and added. If you are using fresh peas or frozen no need of soaking.
2. I shredded and added the beetroot. You can also finely chop and add it.
3. I did not add the mint leaves since it change the beetroot flavor. If needed you can add it.
4. Adjust the spice powder as per your taste.