MOOLI PARATHA / MULANGI PARATHA / RADISH PARATHA
Mooli Paratha / Radish Paratha is a type of stuffed bread variety that is popular in North India. Radish is a very healthy vegetable. This is an exotic flat bread filled with mooli/radish along with indian spices. This can be served as breakfast or dinner variety. This paratha is served along with curd and pickle.
When i try this paratha for first time , i did not squeeze the water completely. Then the filling came out while rolling. Then after correcting it, the paratha came so perfectly. So thought of sharing this recipe in blog today. Lets look at the steps of making this paratha.
Preparation Time : 15 mints | Cooking Time : 20 mints | Makes : 4 paratha
Whole wheat flour -1 cup Ghee - 1 tbspn Salt – a pinch Water - as required
Oil - 2 tspn + for making chapati Grated Radish – 3/4 cup Cumin Seeds – 1 tspn
Coriander powder - 1/4 tspn Red chili Powder -1tspn
Coriander powder -3/4 tspn Garam Masala -1/4 tspn
Salt - 1 tspn + 1 tspn
1. In a mixing bowl add the wheat flour, salt, ghee and mix well. Then add required water to make a soft dough as you make for chapati. Keep aside for an hour.
2. Take a medium size radish and wash well. Chop the edges and peel the skin. Then grate the radish.
3. Add little salt to the grated radish and let it rest on counter top for 20 minutes. After 20 mints if you check the radish had left more water.
4. Then crush radish with your hands to remove excess water and set aside. Heat oil in pan and add cumin seeds allow it to splutter. Then add radish and Mix well.
5. Add the chili powder,salt,turmeric,coriander powder,garam masala & mix well. Saute till it becomes dry.
6. Transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool . Make equal sized balls with the dough and the radish stuffing. Take each dough and dust with flour.
7. Roll each ball into a thick circle,keep the stuffing at the center. Then seal it by pulling all the edges to the center. Seal it completely and make sure the stuffing does not come out.
8. Dust the flour and roll it to a medium sized paratha. .Heat a dosa pan and put the paratha on tawa,cook one side then brush oil on flipped side of paratha.
9. Then turn other side and brush oil.Cook till both the sides has golden spots. Repeat the process to make all paratha.
Mooli paratha is hot and ready to serve.
My Notes :
1. Squeeze all the water from radish completely and saute it till dry. If its not dry while making paratha the stuffing may come out.
2. Dont make the paratha too thick nor too thin.
3. Make sure the stuffing ball is little less than chapati dough.
4. Spices can be altered as per your taste.
5. Also paratha take little time to cook. So cook the paratha in medium flame.
#mooliparatha #mulangiparatha #radishparatha #parathavarieties #breakfastrecipes #tiffinrecipes #dinnerrecipes #moolirecipes