KAJU KATLI / CASHEW BURFI
Kaju Katli is most popular indian sweet. Kaju means cashew nut in Hindi. This is a perfect sweet for all special occasions and diwali. This can be made easily at home with little care.This sweet is made with just three ingredients and also with minimum ghee.
As my hubby loves madly the nuts and any sweets made of nuts. So kaju and badam katli is my regularly made sweets at my home. Thought of sharing this katli in my blog today. Lets look at the steps of making this katli.
Preparation Time : 10 mints | Cooking Time : 15 mints | Makes : 15 katli
Cashew - 1 cup (whole)
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Ghee - 1 tbspn
1. Measure the cashew , sugar and water . Cashew should be at room temperature. Add the cashew to the dry blender and grind it to a powder . Do not over grind the cashew since it turns release oil.
2. But i grinded little coarsely as i like that way. Heat the kadai in a medium flame add the sugar and water. Allow the sugar to dissolve completely and bring to boil.
3. Check for the one string consistency. If you feel tough to check with hands. Keep the water in small bowl and pour the syrup. It should form a fine thread the syrup should not be dissolved. If its reached add the cashew powder and mix well.
4. Keep stirring till it forms a rolling mixture.If you take a piece and makes a ball,then perfect consistency is reached. Turn off the flame and transfer it to a plate greased with ghee and make it to soft dough by pressing with hands slightly warm. keep the parchment paper at top and roll with the chapati roller.
5. Roll it little thick and remove the paper. Cut into diamonds with knife or pizza cutter. Then separate the pieces.
Kaju Katli is ready to serve.
My Notes :
1. Cashew should be at room temperature . As refrigerated cashew becomes pastry while grinding.
2. If needed sieve the cashew powder to get rid of big pieces.
3. Do not over grind the cashew since it turns release oil.
4. Add the powder only after the single string consistency is formed. To check for single string, keep the water in small bowl and pour the syrup. It should form a fine thread the syrup should not be dissolved.