HOME MADE RICE FLOUR / ARISI MAAVU
Rice Flour / Arisi maavu is easy to make at home. It is very easy and taste good than the store bought flour. Its better to keep the home made flour ready regularly and especially during festival season. This rice flour can be used for murukku , idiyappam . kozhukattai , adai etc.. Lets learn how to prepare this maavu using blender or mixer.
Preparation Time : 1 hour | Yields : 2 1/2 cups rice flour
Raw Rice / Sona Masoori / Basmati - 2 cups
1. Rinse the raw rice in water couple of times. Then add fresh water to the raw rice to soak them well and leave the raw rice to get soaked for two hours. After that, drain the water from rice and spread it in a clean white towel to get it dried. It could take 20 minutes to get dried. If you take the rice in your hand, you should feel damp in your palm or fingers . It should not be too dry. Add the rice immediately to the blender.
2. Grind the rice in the mixer to a nice powder. Sieve it couple of time to get a smooth rice flour. If we get any lumps while we sieve, again add the lumps of rice flour to the mixer and grind it again to a smooth flour and again sieve it. Repeat the sieve process again and again till we get a smooth and nice rice flour.
Then we can spread the ground smooth rice flour in a newspaper or plate and keep it in sun to dry the rice flour nicely then store it. Else heat a tawa and dry roast the rice flour. Store the rice flour in an air-tight container and it will couple of months. You can even refrigerate it.
My Notes :
1. In India you get maavu arisi , you can use that fr making this.
2. If grinding in mixie do immediate after drying, else more kappi will formed.
3. If preparing for any dish grind the flour before day and use it.
#howtomakericeflour #riceflour #cookingbasics #riceflourathome #homemadericeflour