ALMOND KHEER / BADAM KHEER
Badam Kheer is a rich creamy payasam variety that is made of almond paste,saffron,milk,sugar and cardamom along with the chopped nuts. This is the simple dessert variety that can be made in very less time. It can be served either hot or cold. This is most of our favorite drink too. Lets look at the steps of making this kheer.
Preparation Time : 10 mints | Cooking Time : 20 mints | Serves : 3
Milk - 500 ml + 2 tbspn
Badam - 20 nos
Sugar - 6 tbspn
Saffron - few strands
Cardamom powder - 1 tspn
Chopped badam & pistachio - as required
Yellow food color - as required ( optional )
1. Soak the saffron with 2 tbspn of warm milk and badam in hot water for 30 mints . Peel the skin of badam and add it to the blender and pulse it coarsely.
2. Add the soaked saffron milk to blender and grind it to a smooth paste. Bring the 500ml milk to boil . When it starts to boil add the grinded paste to it.
3. Add the food color and mix well. Then add the sugar and mix well. When it starts boil add the cardamom and chopped nuts. Turn off the flame. Serve it either hot or cold.
Serve the badam milk either hot or cold.
My Notes :
1. Increase or Decrease the sugar and badam as per your taste.
2. If you want thick, soak few cashew along with badam and grind it to smooth paste and add it.
3. Adding food color is completely optional.
4. Garnish with few chopped badam , pistachio and saffron while serving.