SPINACH CHAPATI / PALAK ROTI / KEERAI CHAPATI
Spinach chapati is a type of roti that is made of wheat flour along with fresh spinach and indian spices. This is my moms recipe and i love this chapati very much. Its very easy and simple to make. This is most healthy roti suitable for dinner. It can be had with plain curd and pickle. Lets learn how to make this roti.
Preparation Time : 10 mints | Cooking Time : 20 mints | Makes : 9 chapati
Wheat flour - 2 cups + 1/4 cup(for dusting)
Spinach / Palak - 1 cup (finely chopped)
Salt - 1 tbspn
Red chili powder - 1/2 tbspn
Garam masala - 1 tspn
Turmeric - 1/2 tspn
Water - as required ( I used 1/4 cup )
Oil - for making roti
1. Wash the spinach well and dry them. Then chop the spinach finely.
2. In a mixing bowl add the wheat flour,salt,garam masala,red chili powder,turmeric and mix well. Then add the chopped spinach and mix well with flour . Add water little by little as required and make the chapati dough.
3. Rest it for 5 to 10 mints on counter top. Make it to a equal sized dough . Dust it with flour and make it as roti.
4. Heat the dosa tawa and make the roti by cooking on both sides. Brush oil while making roti on both sides. Repeat the same process to make all chapati.
Now the spinach chapati is ready to serve with curd and pickle.
1. As we add fresh spinach add water slowly to make the dough.
2. Dont allow the dough to rest more than 10mints. It ll be too sticky as spinach will leave moisture.
3. It ll take little extra flour to make roti than the usual ones.
4. Cook well on both sides by brushing the oil. So that the palak will get cooked.