MANGO KESARI / MANGO SHEERA / MAMPAZHA KESARI
Kesari is a popular sweet in India which is literally called as sheera. Kesari is traditionally made by mixing of rava , sugar and ghee.Kesari is the major and traditional sweet that is made during festivals and auspicious days. In mampazha Kesari there is addition of mango pulp to the normal kesari. It gives the complete taste of mangoes in the sheera.
Preparation Time:10 mints|Cooking Time:20 mints| Serves:4
Bombay Ravai - 1/4 cup
Ghee - 2 tbspn
Sugar - 3/4 cup
cashew - 1 tbspn
Raisins - 1 tbspn
Saffron - 5 strands
Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tspn
Water - 1 cup
Mango Pulp - 1/2 cup
1. In a nonstick pan add ghee fry the cashews and raisins. After roasting remove and add the ravai and roast till raw smell goes. Then remove from the pan.
2. Add water to the pan along with the saffron and cardamom . After water starts boiling add roasted ravai and mix well without forming lumps.Then add the sugar to it .
3. After adding sugar it ll become little watery . Then add the mango pulp cook for 5 mints. Then add the fried cashews and raisins. Cook till it leaves the sides. Then mango kesari is ready to serve.
Now its ready to serve.
My Notes :
1. If you like you can add few mango pieces at last while adding nuts. Its optional.
2. Instead of saffron you can yellow food color.