Gulab Jamun is the traditional indian sweet that is made of milk solids with the flavor of rose essence. The Bread Jamun is a similar one which we made with bread slices and milk. It is very easy to make and can be done very quickly. This is also a way of using leftover bread.
Preparation Time:15 mints| Cooking Time : 30 mints|Severs: 15 Jamuns
Bread slices - 7
Milk - 4 tbspn / as required
Cardamom - 1/4 tspn(optional)
Maida - 1 tbspn(optional)
For Sugar Syrup :
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Cardamom - 1/4 tspn
Saffron strands - 5(optional)
1. Add sugar,cardamom,saffron in a sauce pan and add the water . Bring it to boil. Once the sugar gets dissolved and begins to boil. Turn off the stove.
2.Cut the sides of the bread. Dip the bread in the milk and squeeze the excess milk.
3. Crush the bread well without lumps. Then add the maida and cardamom to it. Then make it to a smooth dough. Divide the dough equally and make it into balls.
4. Heat the oil in the pan . Drops the balls to the oil in a low-med heat. Fry till its golden brown.
5.Once the bubble reduces and turned golden brown . Remove from oil and immerse in the sugar syrup. Soak the jamun for minimum two hours and serve.
Serve the Jamuns after two hours.
1. You can add milk powder instead of maida.
2. You can also pulse the bread in blender to get smooth .
3. If needed you can add more sugar syrup to your taste.
#sweets #festivalitems #diwalirecipes #breadjamun #jamunvarieties #breadgulabjamun