AVAL(POHA) PUTTU / AVAL VELLA PUTTU
Aval Puttu is a tasty and delicious snack variety which can be prepared very quickly with poha & jaggery. This can be prepared as a neivedhiyam during Krishna Jeyanthi and Navarathri. Lets look at the steps of making this recipe.
Preparation Time : 15 mints | Cooking Time : 25 mints | Serves : 2 - 3
Aval /Poha – 1 cup Jaggery – 1/2 cup Coconut – 2 tbspn
Cardamom powder – 1/4 tspn Cashews – 6 broken Ghee – 2 tspn + 1/2 tspn Water – 1 cup
1. Dry roast the poha for 5 mints in a medium flame until nice aroma comes. Add the aval to mixer once its cool down.
2. Grind it to a fine rava mixture and transfer it to a bowl. Add 1 cup of water and bring it to rolling boil.
3. Sprinkle water little by little till the mixture holds together. Set aside for 10 mints. Add the jaggery and 1/2 cup water to pan and mix well.
4.Once the jaggery is dissolved. Strain to remove impurities.Now take the strained jaggery mixture in a pan and heat it up till it becomes thick. Keep water in a plate to check the consistency.When you pour a drop of the jaggery syrup in water it should not get dissolved.
5. It should form a soft ball then its the correct consistency. Now keep in low flame add aval mixture and mix well.
6.Sprinkle little water and cook covered in low flame for 5 mints until its fluff. Add grated coconut and cardamom powder to it.
7. Mix well. Keep the flame low for 3 mints till the aval puttu is broken down. Add 1/2 tsp ghee and fry the cashews till golden.
8. When the aval puttu mixture is broken down completely, add 2 tspn of ghee and cashews. Mix it well.
Aval Puttu is ready for neivedhyam..!!
My Notes :
1. Sprinkling hot water makes the puttu soft and cook easily.
2. Do not add too much water at a time. Slowly sprinkle water to get the fluffy texture.
3. Adjust the jaggery as per your taste.
#sweets #snacks #avalputtu #pohaputtu #avalvellaputtu #gokulashtamirecipes #navarathrirecipes