Ginger / Inji Chutney is a traditional and popular andhra recipe which is called as allam pachadi. This chutney is a mix of sweet,spicy and tangy flavored. Also ginger has many medicinal values this is a very healthy chutney variety. This is mainly served as side dish for pesarattu and also it is best to have with idli,dosa and curd rice. Lets learn how to make this easy and healthy chutney variety.
Preparation Time : 5 mints | Cooking Time : 15 mints | Serves : 2
Oil – 3 tspn
Mustard seeds – 1 tspn
Curry Leaves – few chopped
Ginger – 4 tbspn peeled & chopped
Dry Red Chili – 2
Garlic – 2 peeled & chopped
Tamarind – 1 inch piece
Jaggery – 1 tbspn
Salt – to taste
Water – as needed
1. Heat a pan with 2 tspn of oil add red chili and saute for a minute. Then add the garlic and tamarind . Saute till garlic turns golden brown.Then add ginger and saute till golden brown. Set aside and allow it to cool down.
2. Once its cool down completely transfer to the blender and grind it to a fine paste with jaggery and required salt. Add water as required for grinding.
3. Heat tspn of oil in a same pan add mustard seeds,curry leaves and let it crackle.Add the grinding paste by keeping in low flame. Cook for two mints till its thickens and the oil gets separates from the chutney. Then turn off the flame.
Serve the Inji Chutney with idli,dosa or pesarattu.
My Notes :
1. Add the red chili and tamarind as per your taste.
2. This chutney will be good for 2 days in room temperature. When refrigerated it will be good up to a week.