MINT PULAO / PUDHINA RICE
Mint Pulao is also called as pudhina rice . This is very simple and mouth-watering rice variety that can be made in less time. This is a perfect recipe for lunch box too. We usually serve this mint pulao along with cucumber pachadi / pappad. This is also a perfect meal for lazy day lunch.
There are many variations made in his pulao. My mom do it without whole spices and my mil add coconut while grinding the paste. This is my way of making this pulao. Also in this pulao you add vegetables like potato , peas or mixed vegetables as per you choice. Lets look at the method of making this pulao.
Preparation Time : 10 mints | Cooking Time : 25 mints | Serves : 2
Ghee – 2 tbspn
Oil – 1 tbspn Cardamom – 1 Clove – 3 Cinnamon – 1 inch piece Bay leaf – 2
Star Annis - 1
Cashews – 6 halves
Basmati rice – 1 cup Onion – 1/2 cup sliced Salt – As needed
Water – 2 cups
To Grind :
Mint leaves – 1/2 cup tightly packed Green chili – 2 Ginger – 1 inch piece
Garlic – 2 cloves
1. Soak basmati rice for 30 mints . Grind the washed mint leaves, ginger, garlic and chili with required water to a fine paste.
2. Heat the ghee and oil in pressure cooker. Once its hot add the cardamom, cloves , cinnamon, star annis and bay leaf. Saute for about a minute. Then add the cashews fry till golden. And add thin sliced onion.
3. Once onion turns transparent, add the ground paste. Mix well . Add required salt.
4. Cook in medium flame till oil separates. Now add basmati rice and mix well with the masalas and fry for 2 mints.
5. Add 2 cups water to the above mixture and pressure cook it for 2 whistle on medium to high flame .When the pressure releases gently turn over.
Serve & Enjoy the hot pulao with raita and curd rice..!!
My Notes :
1. To this pulao you add vegetables like potato , peas or mixed vegetables as per you choice.
2. Adding cashew is optional. Instead you can add fried paneer for garnish.
3. Also you can add chopped tomatoes after adding onion.
4. Make sure to cook the paste till oil separates , else you get raw flavor.