VEGETABLE SANDWICH / BOMBAY SANDWICH
Bombay Sandwich is the most easy and the healthy sandwich variety. It is made of stuffing the fresh vegetables , green chutney along with the flavor of butter and pepper. This is most popular street food and snack in Mumbai. This is the suitable breakfast or brunch variety.
Usally this sandwich is made with the electric grill or grill pan. But today i made with sandwich toaster. You can even make this with dosa pan too by pressing it on top with laddle . Lets look at the recipe of making this sandwich.
Preparation Time : 30 mints I Cooking Time : 15 mints | Serves : 5 sandwich
For Sandwich :
Bread Slices - 10
Tomato - 1
Boiled Potato - 1 medium sized
Cucumber - 1 small
Onion - 1 small
Black Pepper powder - as required
Butter - as required
Green chutney - as required
Cheese slices - as required(optional)
Salt - to taste
For Green Chutney :
Mint leaves - fistful - chopped
Coriander leaves - fistful - chopped
Ginger - 1 inch
Green chili - 1
Lemon juice - few drops
To prepare Green Chutney..
Add the mint leaves , coriander leaves along with chili and ginger to a blender and grind it to a fine paste. Transfer it to a bowl and add the lemon juice and mix well.
To prepare sandwich..
1. Make the boiled potato , tomato,cucumber and onion to thin slices. Take two slices of bread and apply green chutney on both. Then arrange all the vegetables two slices each on one side of bread.
2. Sprinkle little salt, pepper powder on the vegetables and keep the cheese slice on it. Cover it with other bread by facing green chutney on inner side. Spread little butter on top.
3. Spread little butter on sandwich maker and keep the bread in it and toast it. Then remove from toaster once ready and cut into triangles.Repeat the same process for all slices.
Sandwich is ready to serve with ketchup.
My Notes :
1. As i get big onions here i used it and so the shape is not even for onions.
2. Vegetables you can keep of your choice. You can even add sliced capsicum,carrot .
3. Adding cheese slice is optional.
4. You can sprinkle chat masala on top along with pepper.
5. Usally this sandwich is made with the electric grill or grill pan. But today i made with sandwich toaster. You can even make this with dosa pan too by pressing it on top with laddle.
#bombaysandwich #vegetablesandwich #sandwichrecipes #breakfastrecipes #tiffinrecipes