Masala pasta is a quick and easy Indian style pasta which is perfect for breakfast or evening tiffin. It is a macaroni recipe cooked in the traditional Indian way with spice powders and vegetables. You can cooked with any type of pasta for this recipe. Doesn't need any sauce for making this pasta. Lets look at the steps to make this pasta.
Preparation Time: 10 mints | Cooking time: 25 mints | Serves: 2
Pasta (elbow pasta) - 1 cup
Butter - 3 tbspn
Garlic - 1 tbspn finely chopped
Onion - 1/4 cup chopped
Tomato - 1 large
Carrot- 1/4 cup chopped
Capsicum - 1/4 cup chopped
Ketchup - 2 tbspn
Red chili sauce - 1 tbspn
Kashmiri chili powder - 1 tspn
Garam masala powder - 1/2 tspn
Black pepper powder - 1/4 tspn
Chopped coriander leaves - 2 tbspn
Salt - As needed
Water - As required
1. Chop the tomatoes roughly and add it to the blender. Make it as puree and set aside. Boil 3.5 cups water with required salt.
2. Add the pasta and cook for 12 - 15 mints. Cook pasta until soft yet crunchy. Rinse it in running water then drain and set aside.
3. In a pan heat butter, add chopped garlic and onion. Saute till it becomes transparent. Add the chopped carrot and capsicum. Fry for 3 minutes.
4. Add tomato puree,red chili paste,ketchup mix well and cook for a minute.Then add chili powder, garam masala powder, and required salt. Cook until raw smell of tomatoes leaves and add cooked pasta.
5. Toss well until the masalas coat the pasta well. Garnish with coriander leaves and add black pepper powder at last.
Serve hot or warm...!!
My Notes :
Instead of butter you can use oil.
You can use vegetables of your choice.
Instead of onions you can use green and white part of spring onions.
Add the spices and herbs as per your preference.