Vegetable Pulao is a spicy rice variety made of rice along with the indian spices and mixed vegetables. It is very simple recipe and can be made quickly. This is perfect for lunchbox or on any busy day cooking. It can be accompanied with raita or chips.
It is similar version of briyani and we even call it as white briyani. This is pressure cooker method recipe and very easy one. Lets look at the steps to make this vegetable pulao.
Preparation Time : 20 mints | Cook time: 30 mints | serves: 4
Oil - 2 tbspn
Ghee - 2 tbspn Cumin Seeds - 1 tspn Bay leaves - 2
Fennel seeds - 1/2 tspn Cardamom - 1 cloves - 2 Star anise - 1
Green chilies - 2
Ginger - 1 inch piece Garlic - 3
Mint leaves - 2 fistful
Onion - 1 Mixed vegetables - 1/2 cup Red chili powder - 1/2 tspn
Coriander powder - 1/2 tspn
Garam masala - 1/4 tspn Salt - As needed Basmati Rice - 1.25 cups
Water - 21/2 cups
1. Cut the vegetables to 1/2 cup or as needed. I used carrot,beans,fistful overnight soaked dried peas,cauliflower and potato. Grind the ginger,garlic,g.chili,cloves,cardamom,star anise,fennel seeds along with fistful of mint leaves with little water to a fine paste.
2. Soak the rice for at least an hour. Heat a pressure cooker with oil and ghee and add the cumin seeds and bay leaf to it.
3. Add onions and cook till its transparent. Add the ground masala. Then add the red chili powder and cumin powder. Cook for 3 mints.
4. Add the vegetables chopped and mix well. Cook for two mints. Then add the drained,soaked rice. Give it a stir. Add 2 and 1/2 cups water,salt, garam masala and fistful chopped mint leaves.
5. Give a gentle stir and pressure cook with 2 whistles in medium flame. Once pressure subsides open and mix the rice.
Serve hot pulao with onion raita..!
My Notes :
1. Add fried cashews if needed.
2. Dont add Kashmir red chili powder or paprika as it gives the color.
3. Add coriander leaves at last if needed.
#pulaovarieties #vegpulao #vegetablepulao #ricevarieties #vegetablebriyani