Biscuits are the most common snack variety which is best accompaniment with tea. Butter pista cookies are loved by most of us as its soft and crunchy all time. The addition of pistachios to the biscuits gives a excellent flavor to it. This was a big hit and loved by all at my house. So thought of sharing this recipe today. Lets look at the method of making the biscuits.
Preparation Time : 15 mints | Resting Time : 2 hrs | Baking Time : 15 mints | Makes : 15 - 20 biscuits
Maida / All purpose flour - 1 1/2 cup
Custard powder - 1 tbspn ( Vanilla flavor)
Baking Powder - 1/2 tspn
Butter - 120 grams
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Pistachio (pista) - 25 nos ( pulsed )
Cardamom Powder - 1 tspn
Vanilla Essence - 1/2 tspn
1. Add the pistachios to the blender and pulse it. Bring the butter to the room temperature.
2. Sieve the Maida, Baking powder and custard powder in a bowl. Beat the butter with the spoon or spatula to make it soft.
3. Add sugar to the butter and mix it till light and fluffy. Add vanilla essence and cardamom powder to butter sugar mixture. Mix well.
4. Then add the 3/4 th of crushed pista to the butter sugar mixture and mix well. Now add Flour little by little and mix well.
5. Once the all flour are mixed it will be crumbly texture. Knead to a smooth dough by mixing with hands.Now Shape into a log. (flatten using hands to give any shape as you like).
6. Wrap in cling sheet and keep in refrigerate for 2 hours. After 2 hours the dough will be firm, cut with knife into 1/4 inch thick pieces as shown.
7. Preheat oven at 350F / 180C. Line the tray with the parchment paper. Place the sliced pieces on the tray. Sprinkle crushed pista on the cookies and press with hands.
8. Bake in preheated oven at 350f / 180c for 10 to 15 minutes. Keep checking in between. When it turns to light brown take out from oven. Allow them to cool completely.
Hot Butter pista biscuits is ready to serve...!!
My Notes :
1. If the dough is more crumble. Use little milk to make it to a smooth dough.
2. Refrigerating Time is most needed to make the dough stiff.
3. Instead of pista you can add the mixing of nuts and make this biscuits.
4. Add the essence flavor as per your taste.