ORANGE PEEL / SKIN PACHADI
Orange Peel / Skin pachadi is a traditional and authentic dish made very easily with the skin of oranges. This tastes similar to that of narthangai pachadi. Orange skin has more health benefits and prefer to use the orange with soft skin / small sized ones to get the better taste. It taste good as side dish for curd rice or any variety rice. Lets look at the steps of making this pachadi.
Preparation Time : 5 mints | Cooking Time : 20 mints
Orange Peel - 2 small Orange skin
Oil - 2 tspn
Mustard Seeds - 1/4 tspn
Urad dal - 1/2 tspn
Channa dal - 1/4 tspn
Hing - 1/4 tsp
Salt As needed Green chili - 2 Tamarind Extract - 1 cup(thick) Turmeric powder - 1/2 tspn Red Chili powder -1 tspn
Jaggery - 1 tbspn
Rice flour - 1 tspn
Water - as required
1. Take the skin out of 2 small oranges. Cut them into small pieces. Soak tamarind in water and squeeze out thick juice of about one cup.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add in mustard seeds , channa dal and urad dal. Let them sizzle. Now add chopped g,chili and orange skin.
3. Saute for 3 mints in a medium flame. Pour tamarind water and mix well. Add red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt.
4. Cook till oranges are cooked well. Then add the jaggery. Mix rice flour with water without lumps and add to it. Cook this for 5 mints till it thickens. Turn off the flame.
Pachadi is ready to serve..!!
My Notes :
1. Instead of red chili powder you can also use sambar powder.
2. You can also prepare this pachadi using bittergourd, instead of orange skin.