CASHEW ALMOND BURFI / KAJU BADAM BURFI
Cashew Almond Burfi is the easy and tasty burfi variety. It is most perfect sweet for festivals and celebrations. This is made of cashews and soaked , pealed almonds paste along with the sugar and ghee. It’s so easy, delicious and the best part is it does not take much time to make. Also there is so sugar syrup consistency required for this sweet.
As my family is fond of nuts , i prefer to make sweets with nuts very often. This taste delicious with the flavor of ghee and melts in mouth. Lets look at the steps to make this burfi.
Preparation Time : 10 mints | Cooking Time : 25 mints | Makes : 25 Burfi
Badam / Almonds - 1/2 Cup
Cashew - 1/2 Cup
Sugar - 1.5 Cups
Melted Ghee - 3/4 Cup
Cardamom Powder - 1 tspn
Water - as needed
1. Take a tray and grease it with ghee / butter. Soak the almonds and cashews separately in hot water for about 30 mints. Then drain the hot water from almonds and peel the skin of the almonds.
2. Add the peeled almonds and cashews to the blender. Grind it to a smooth paste by adding required water. Heat a kadai, add the grounded paste,sugar, ghee and cardamom powder all together.
3. Mix well and cook in medium flame and start stirring. So that sugar and ghee are nicely incorporated with the grinded paste and cook till all the sugar is completely melted. The mixture will become watery after the sugar is melted completely.
4. When the mixture starts to boil,bubbles will be formed all over the paste. Keep mixing till the mixture becomes thick and frothy layer getting formed.
5. Keep stirring till the whole mixture rolls like a ball without sticking to the sides of the pan. If you are able to make a round ball with the mixture then this is the correct stage. Switch off the flame.
6. Pour the mixture immediately to the greasy plate and tap it to make a smooth layer. Allow it to cool down for 5 mints. Then use knife and cut it into burfis. Store the burfis in an airtight container
Delicious cashew almond burfis are now ready to serve..!
My Notes :
1. Instead of water you can use milk to grind the nuts to a smooth paste.
2. Instead of cardamom you can also add badam essence.
3. If you like the colored burfi, then add any edible food color or saffron soaked in milk.
4. Cook the burfi in medium or low flame to avoid getting burnt.