Cauliflower Capsicum Stir Fry is a easy and healthy dry sabji or the poriyal variety which is made very quickly. It is a healthy and tasty side dish to be served with rice & sambar for lunch. Also it taste amazing with chapati. Once i have left over capsicum and cauliflower in fridge . So browsed and got a stir fry recipe. Tried it with the variations of my choice. We all loved it and started making this often. Lets look at the method of making this sabji.
Preparation Time : 15 mints | Cooking Time : 25 mints | Serves : 2 - 3
Oil - 2 tbspn
Cumin seeds - 1 tspn
Cauliflower - 2 cups
Capsicum - 1 cup chopped
Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Tomato - 1/2 cup finely chopped
Green chili - 1 finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tspn
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tspn
Red chili powder - 1 tspn
Cumin powder - 1 tspn
Salt - to taste
Garam masala - 1/4 tspn
Kasturi methi - 1/2 tspn
1. Cut the cauliflower into florets and put them in hot water with a little salt and turmeric for 5 minutes. Then drain the water completely and keep it aside. In a pan, add cumin seeds allow it to crackle.
2. Add onions fry till it turns pink. Then add ginger garlic paste,cook till the raw smell goes and onion turns golden.
3. Then add the chopped tomatoes, red chili powder, garam masala powder and coriander powder. Mix well and cook until raw smell leaves.And the oil starts to separate. Add capsicum to it.
4. Mix well and cook for 3 mints. Then add the cooked cauliflower,salt and garam masala. Mix gently. Cook till the capsicum is done. Then add the kasturi methi by crushing with palm and remove from flame.
Gobi Bell Pepper Stir fry i ready..!!
My Notes :
1. Instead of kasturi methi you can add chopped coriander leaves.
2. Also instead of adding chopped tomatoes you can add puree.
3. I cooked the capsicum half as i need crunchy. If needed you can make it cooked completely.