CAULIFLOWER PEPPER FRY / GOBI PEPPER FRY / PEPPER GOBI
Cauliflower pepper fry is the quick,delicious and a healthy poriyal / stir fry variety and it can be served as side dish for indian lunch or along with roti. This is also called as pepper gobi or milagu pirattal. This is made of mixing the boiled cauliflower and grinded pepper masala along with the flavor of shallots and garlic. This is my moms recipe and my most favorite one. Lets look at the steps wise pictures to make this pepper gobi recipe.
Preparation Time : 10 mints | Cooking Time : 20 mints | Serves : 3
Cauliflower florets – 1.5 cups Shallots - 6 nos ( big sized )
Garlic – 2 cloves finely chopped
Oil – 1 tbspn Turmeric powder – 1/2 tspn Salt – to taste
Coriander leaves - few finely chopped
Roast & Grind:
Cinnamon – 2 small piece
Cloves – 2
Whole black pepper – 1/2 tspn
Cumin seeds – 1 tspn
Red Chili – 1 big Curry Leaves – few
1. Dry roast the ingredients under roast & grind till golden and aroma rises. Allow it to cool down and grind it to a fine powder using blender.
2. Cut cauliflower into small florets and wash them well. Boil cauliflower along with turmeric powder and salt until it becomes soft but not marshy.
3. Then strain the water completely. Add the required grinded powder and mix well the cauliflower gently. I used 1 tbspn of grinded powder. Keep the gobi for 30 mints on counter top. Heat oil in a pan , add garlic and fry till it turns golden brown.
4. Then add the chopped shallots. Saute until onions turn transparent. Then add marinated cauliflower and saute until cauliflower slightly turns golden on medium flame. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve and Enjoy with rasam and hot rice.
My Notes :
1. Serve with lime juice topping while serving. Its completely optional.
2. I grinded the masala and used only half of it. Planned to use it later. If you need to grind fresh every time then roast the half quantity in each item and powder it.
3. Instead of blender you are grind using pistol.
4. Boil cauliflower until it becomes soft but not marshy.
5. Instead of grinding you can add pepper powder,cumin powder and chili flakes as per your taste.