ALOO GOBI DRY CURRY / POTATO CAULIFLOWER CURRY
Aloo ( Potato ) and Gobi ( Cauliflower ) which is most of our favorite vegetables . Also this both veges are the best combo. This is a dry curry / poriyal variety which is simple and delicious . It can be served with roti,plain rice,pulao or any variety rice . It also taste excellent with south indian meals. This is a dry sabji variety perfect for lunch box. Lets look at the method to make this curry.
Preparation Time : 15 mints | Cooking Time : 20 mints | Serves : 3 - 4
Potato (Aloo) - 5 small sized
Cauliflower (Gobi) florets - 1.5 cups
Onion - 1 cup ( finely chopped )
Tomato - 2 roma
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tspn
Curry leaves - few chopped
Oil - 2 tbspn
Mustard seeds - 1 tspn
Cumin seeds - 1 tspn
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tspn
Red chili powder - 1 tspn
Garam masala powder - 1 tspn
Cumin powder - 1/4 tspn
Coriander leaves – dew chopped
Salt- as required
1. Pressure cook potatoes for 3 whistles until soft. Peel of the skin, chop them into cubes and keep aside. Wash and cut cauliflower into florets and put them in hot water with a little salt and turmeric for 5-7 minutes. Then drain the water completely and keep it aside.
2. Chop the tomatoes roughly . Add it to the blender and make the tomato puree. No need to add any water while grinding. In a pan, add mustard and cumin seeds allow it to crackle.
3. Add onions fry till it turns pink. Then add ginger garlic paste,cook till the raw smell goes and onion turns golden.
4. Then add tomato puree and cook until raw smell leaves.Then add red chili powder, garam masala powder and cumin powder. Cook for 5 mints. Add cooked cauliflower and potatoes to it.
5. Add required salt and mix well. Cook till the veggies absorb the masala and become dry. It may take 3 - 5 mints. Add coriander leaves and switch off the flame.
Serve curry as a side dish for rice or roti.
My Notes :
1. Adding cumin powder is optional.
2. Make sure the Potato and Gobi are cooked well. Also it should not be marshy.