Wheat Flour / Atta Halwa is the most simple halwa variety that can be made in just few minutes. This is a most popular and traditional dessert in north part of India to serve it with breakfast . This halwa can also be made with the jaggery instead of sugar. It is usually made by mixing the equal amount of ghee,wheat flour,sugar and water . But i usually make this in the following proportion as i get the perfect and convenient texture.
Today thought of making some easy sweet for pooja and planned to make this halwa . Lets look at the method of making this halwa with step wise pictures.
Cooking Time & Preparation Time : 10 mints | Serves : 2
Atta / Wheat flour / Godhumai Maavu - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Water - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 4 tbspn + 1 tspn
Cardamom powder - 1/4 tspn
Salt - A pinch
Badam / Cashew(Optional) - 2 tspn chopped
1. Measure the ingredients and keep all ready. Heat 4 tbspn of ghee in a kadai. Add wheat flour and roast till it turns golden brown in color with nice aroma. Keep the flame low while roasting.
2. Boil water in microwave for 2 mints and add the hot water carefully to the roasted wheat flour. Mix well without any lumps. All the water would be absorbed by the wheat flour and gets cooked. Add sugar and salt to it.
3. Add cardamom powder and tspn of ghee. Mix well till halwa leaves the sides completely, becomes a whole mass. After adding sugar it becomes watery then it will be thick.
4. Add the chopped badam / cashew to it and mix well. Keep in flame and stirring continuously until it turns glossy and ghee oozes out . Then turn off the flame.
Simple Atta Halwa is ready to serve..!!
My Notes :
1. Increase or decrease the sugar and ghee quantity as per your taste.
2. You can add roasted nuts to it if needed.
3. You can also use jaggery syrup instead of sugar.