APPLE COCONUT LADOO
Apple Coconut Ladoo is a ladoo variety that is made of apple , coconut and sugar. This is a most simple and east dessert that can be made in very less time. Today thought of making some thing with apple as bored of usual desserts. While surfing came across many post of burfi. So tried a ladoo variety with apple and coconut. It is more tasty and all loved this ladoo in my family. Lets look at the method of making this simple and delicious ladoo..!!
Preparation Time : 10 mints | Cooking Time : 20 mints | Makes : 12 Ladoo
Apple - 1 cup heaped ( grated )
Coconut - 1 cup ( grated / shredded )
Sugar - 2 cups
Ghee - 3 tbspn + greasing hands
Cardamom powder - 1 tspn
Pistachio - 1 tbspn chopped
Desiccated Coconut - 2 tbspn ( optional )
1. In a kadai heat 2 tbspn of ghee . Once its hot add the grated apples . Saute for a min till raw smell goes add the coconut to it.
2. Mix the apples and coconut to blend well. Then add the sugar to it. Mix well and allows the sugar to dissolves completely. Add the cardamom powder to it.
3. Add the remaining ghee . Mix well and cook until mixture start coming together and apples should be very tender.This should take about 10 minutes.
4. Add the chopped pistachio , mix it well cook stirring continuously until leaves the sides and form as mass. This should take about 2-3 minutes. Turn of the heat and transfer it to a plate. Make it into ladoo when its still warm by greasing hands with ghee.
5. Repeat the process to make all ladoos. Then top each laddu with desiccated coconut .
Apple Coconut Ladoo is ready to serve..!!
My Notes :
1. Coating the ladoo with desiccated coconut is completely optional.
2. Instead of pistachio you can use any nuts of your choice.
3. Adjust the amount of sugar as per your taste.
4. You can also pour in greased tray and make it as burfi. If making burfi cook for three more mints extra.