Cauliflower / Gobi is most favorite vegetable for most of us. This poriyal is simple to make and mouth-watering would be a best accompaniment for south indian lunch especially with rasam rice . This tastes spicy and crunchy also taste best with north indian menu. This can be made in very less time. Lets look how to make this poriyal.
Preparation time : 15 mints | Cooking Time : 20 mints | Serves : 2
Oil - 3 tbspn
Mustard Seeds - 1 tspn
Cumin Seeds - 1 tspn
Curry Leaves - Few
Cauliflower Florets - 2 Cups
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tbspn
Red Chili Powder - 1 tbspn
Salt - to taste
1. Take cauliflower in a sauce pan and add some turmeric powder to it, boil it for 5 mints. Drain the water and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a kadai. Add in mustard and cumin seeds. Allow it to pop then add the curry leaves.
3. Then add the salt,turmeric and red chili powder in low flame. Mix well in oil. Add the cooked Gobi and toss well.
4. Cook on a low heat for 5 mints by covering and for 10 mints open till it is well cooked and crunchy. Stir in between. Turn off the flame.
Cauliflower poriyal is ready to serve.
My Notes :
1. You can also add chopped or sliced onions before adding salt and spices.
2. If you want flavor of ginger and garlic you can go head and add paste or chopped.