EGGLESS BANANA WHEAT CAKE
Banana cake is one of my kid favorite cake and its most simple and basic cake. It is very easy to make in less time. Today i made this cake with whole wheat flour. You can also make it with plain flour or mix of both. This is so soft and moist cake. Its perfect for the tea time . Lets see the method of making this basic banana cake.
Preparation Time : 10 mints | Cooking Time : 40 mints
Whole wheat flour - 1.5 cups + dusting
Bananas - 2 Ripe
Canola Oil -1/2 cup
Brown sugar - ½ cup
Milk - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1.5 tsp
Baking soda -1/2 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Chopped Nuts - 2 tbsp
1. Preheat Oven at 180 Degree Celsius or 350 Degree Fahrenheit . Take a mixing bowl, peel the skin of bananas and mash it well. Make sure there are no lumps. Add the sugar and mix well until sugar completely dissolves. Then add the vanilla essence to the bowl and mix well.
2. Add the oil and milk to the bowl and mix gently. In another bowl sieve flour, baking powder, baking soda .
3. Now add the wet ingredients to the sieved dry ingredients slowly and gently. Add chopped nuts and give a quick stir.
4. Grease the tray with some oil and flour evenly and add the batter to it. Gently tap the tray evenly on all sides.
5. Once the oven is preheated bake the tray at same temperature for 30-40 minutes or till the tooth pick comes out clean.
Once it has cooled down, invert on to a plate and let it cool down completely. Then cut into required pieces.
Enjoy the banana cake with coffee or tea.
My Notes :
1. You can add powdered sugar instead of brown sugar. Adding brown sugar helps to get nice color.
2. You can also add cinnamon powder and raisins if you like.
3. Instead of wheat flour you can add the plain flour or mix of both.
4. The baking time may vary based on oven. So check at regular intervals after 30 mints.
5. You can use same batter in loaf or cup cake tray too. Also you can add chopped nuts on the top of cake before baking.