Paneer bhurji is a quick and easy paneer recipe to make . This is made from crumbled paneer along with onion , tomato and indian spices. Paneer bhurji tastes great with roti, paratha, or even with regular bread and can also be served as side dish for rice. This can also be used as a stuffing inside the bread , dosa or roti. This is also perfect bhurji for vegetarian lovers. Lets learn how to make this bhurji.
Preparation Time : 10 mints | Cooking Time : 20 mints | Serves : 4
Paneer - 400 grams grated
Oil - 3 tbspn
Cumin seeds - 1 tspn
Onion - 1/2 cup finely chopped
G.Chili - 1 finely chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbspn
Tomato - 1/3 cup finely chopped
Turmeric - 1/4 tbspn
Red chili powder - 1 tbspn
Coriander powder - 3/4 tbspn
Cumin powder - 1/4 tbspn
Garam masala - 1/4 tbspn
Salt - 1 tbspn
Capsicum - 1/4 cup
Lemon juice - 1 tbspn
Coriander leaves - few
1. Heat the oil. Add the cumin seeds and allow it to pop. Then add the chopped g.chili,onion . Cook till the onion turns transparent. Then add the ginger garlic paste.
2. Cook till the raw smell goes. Then add the tomatoes , turmeric , red chili powder, coriander powder,garam masala and cumin powder. Cook till its soft and marshy and the raw smell goes.
3. Then add the chopped bell pepper . Mix gently and add the crumbled paneer . Toss it evenly to spread the masala well.
4. Cook covered for three mints. Then turn off the stove and add the lemon juice , coriander leaves. Mix well .
Paneer Bhurji is ready to serve.
My Notes :
1. Dont over cook the paneer else it will be rubbery.
2. Also adding bell pepper is optional.
3. You can add either homemade or fresh paneer.
4. You can use this bhurji as stuffing for bread to make sandwich also stuffed in roti to make rolls.