RAVA LADOO / RAVA URUNDAI / RAVA LADDU
Rava Ladoo is called as rava urundai in tamil. This is the simplest ladoo variety that can be made at home. This ladoo is made of fine sooji and sugar along with the flavor of cardamom and ghee. This can be made during festivals like diwali,krishna jeyanthi etc..
If you are making in large quantity then make the roasted sooji and sugar to fine powder in flour mill. If the powder is ready you can make ladoo whenever required by adding nuts and ghee. Lets look how to make this ladoo using blender.
Preparation Time : 20 mints | Cooking Time : 10 mints | Makes : 12 ladoo
Fine Sooji - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Cardamom - 1 tspn
Chopped Cashew - as required
Golden Raisins - as required
1. Heat the tawa and dry roast the sooji til nice aroma comes. No need of any color change . Then transfer the sooji to the blender.
2. Make the sooji to a fine powder. Transfer the sooji to a mixing bowl . Add the sugar , cardamom to a fine powder. Transfer it to the bowl.
3. Mix the sooji,sugar and cardamom powder together. Heat 2 tbspn of ghee and roast the cashew and raisins till golden and add it to the bowl.
4. Mix the nuts and ghee well. Heat the remaining ghee and add it to the rava mixture.
5. Mix the ghee well and make it into equal sized balls. Repeat the process to make all balls.
Rava Ladoo is ready to serve.
My Notes :
1. Increase or Decrease the sugar and ghee as per your taste.
2. If required after grinding you can sieve the sooji and use it for making ladoo.