Idli Upma is the most simple and easy tiffin variety that is made quickly with the leftover idlies. Its the most tastiest upma than the other upma varieties. This taste heavenly with the cup of tea. This can be served as breakfast or snack. My kid love to have this upma for dinner. Lets make at the steps of making this upma.
Preparation Time : 10 mints | Cooking Time : 10 mints | Serves : 2
Idli - 5 ( leftover idlies )
Oil - 2 tbspn
Mustard seeds - 1 tspn
Channa dal - 1 tspn
Urad dal - 1 tspn
G. Chili - 1
Turmeric - 1 tspn
Hing - 1/4 tspn
Salt - to taste
Onion - 1/4 cup chopped
Curry leaves - few
Coriander leaves - few
1. Take the left over idlies and crumble well using hands. Add salt & turmeric to that and mix well evenly.
2. In a kadai heat oil add the mustard seeds allow it to pop. Then add the urad dal,channa dal,curry leaves and g.chili . Cook till golden then add the chopped onion.
3. Add hing and little turmeric. Mix well and cook till onion turns pink. Then add the crumbled idlies and mix well. Cook for a min and add the chopped coriander leaves. Turn off the stove.
Idli Upma is ready to serve.
My Notes :
1. Use left over idlies for this upma. If you use fresh idli you will not get crumble texture.
2. If needed add fried cashews at last.
3. Add salt very little as already salt in idli .