Apple Halwa is the north indian dessert variety . As myself don't like to eat the apple , usually i end up with making some shakes,custard and juices with it . I came across this apple halwa long back while surfing. But i have little hesitate to try this recipe as how it will turn out. This time hopefully tried this halwa.
But this halwa is liked by my family thought of sharing this in my blog today. Lets look at the recipe of making this halwa.
Preparation Time : 10 mints | Cooking Time : 25 mints | Serves : 4
Apple - 3
Water - as required
Sugar - 1.25 cups
Ghee - 4 tbspn
Cardamom - 1 tspn
Cashew - as required ( chopped )
Food color - as required ( optional )
1. Wash and peel the skin of apples. Then chop into bite size pieces. Immersed the chopped apples in water to avoid discoloration. Add the apple to blend and grind it to a fine paste. Heat a tbspn of ghee and roast cashews till golden.
2. Remove the cashews and add the grinded paste to the ghee pan. Mix well and cook for 5 mints. Once the water from apple mixture evaporates and thickens add the sugar and stir well. Add the food color and mix well. Allow it to cook till sugar dissolves.
3. Once the sugar dissolved completely and slightly thickens add the cardamom powder and tbspn of ghee and mix well. Once it again thickens well add the remaining ghee and roasted cashews to it.
4. Mix well and cook till halwa leaves the sides. Then turn off the flame.
Hot apple halwa is ready .
My Notes :
1. You can also grate apples and add, instead of grinding it.
2. Adding food color is completely optional.
3. Increase or decrease the sugar as per your taste.
4. While making this halwa it splutters more. So use big laddle and cook by staying little away.