AVAL LADOO/POHA LADOO
Aval Ladoo / Poha ladoo is a traditional sweet variety that are made during festivals like diwali and krishna jeyanthi. This is the most easy and simplest sweet variety that can be made in very less time. This will be more tasty and also the healthy one. Lets look at the method of making this ladoo.
Preparation Time : 20 mints | Cooking Time : 10 mints | Yields : 12 ladoo
Aval / Poha - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 1/4 cup
Chopped Cashew - 1 tbspn
Chopped Raisins - 1 tbspn
Cardamom powder - 1 tspn
1. Take all the ingredients as per the measurements. Roast the poha slightly in a kadai. No need of color change.
2. Add the poha to the blender and grind it finely. Also finely grind the sugar similarly.
3. In a pan heat a tbspn of ghee and add the cashew and raisins. Roast it golden. Also heat the remaining ghee.
4. Mix the poha,sugar,cashew,raisins well. Then add the hot ghee.
5. Mix well and make it into equal sized balls. Repeat the process to make all ladoo.
Now the aval ladoo is ready.
My Notes :
1. Roast the poha slightly in a kadai. No need of color change.
2. Increase or decrease the ghee as per your choice.
3. You can use any variety of poha for this ladoo.
4. If needed you can sieve and add the poha, but i didn't.