Kara Pori is the popular snack variety that is made of the puffed rice along with spices,peanuts . This is most suitable snack for winter to have it with coffee. This is made very easily and quickly in no time. Lets learn the method of making it.
Preparation Time : 5 mints | Cooking Time : 10 mints
Coconut oil - 3 tbspn
Garlic - 3 pods
Red chili - 1
Curry leaves - few
Potukadalai - 1 tbspn
Raw peanuts - 2 tbspn
Turmeric - 1 tspn
Sambar powder - 2 tbspn
Puffed rice - 2.5 cups
1. Heat the coconut oil. Once its hot reduce the flame to low add the garlic and cook till bubbles in oil stops. Then add the red chili and curry leaves.Saute well.
2. Then add the potukadalai and peanuts. Cook till it turns golden.
3. Then add the turmeric,hing and sambar powder. Mix well. Then add the puffed rice and mix evenly to coat the masala well. Then turn off the flame.
Kara pori is ready to serve with coffee or tea.
My Notes :
1. I used coconut oil since i like the flavor. If you don't like you can use any oil.
2. Cook all in low flame else it will get burnt . If its burnt then Kara pori wont be good.
3. Roast garlic well in low flame till the bubbles stops. So that once cool down it will be crunchy. Else it ll be chewy.
4. I did not add the salt since adding the sambar powder. Already salt will be in pori and sambar powder.