A bajji is a spicy Indian snack or entree dish similar to a fritter, with several variants. There are various type of bajji available such as onion bajji,potato bajji,milagai bajji or bread bajji. Bread bajji is almost kids favorite bajji and a good tea time snack. Lets learn the method of making bread bajji.
Preparation Time:10 mints| Cooking Time : 15 mints|Severs: 10 bajji
Bread slices - 5
Oil - for deep frying
To mix :
Besan flour - 6 tbspn
Rice flour - 3 tbspn
Salt - 1 tbspn
Sugar - 1/4 tbspn
Baking soda - pinch (optional)
Hing - 1/4 tbspn
Turmeric - 1/4 tbspn
Red chili powder - 1 tbspn
Water as required
1.Cut the edges of bread with knife. Then cut it into triangles. In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients to mix . Add the required amount of water and make it to the bajji batter. Then add the baking soda and mix well.
2. Bajji batter should not be too thick nor too thin. Dip the bread piece on the batter and flip it on both sides.
3. Heat oil in the kadai and when its hot reduce the flame to medium flame. Then add it in the oil for deep frying.Fry it by turning on all sides. Remove from oil once the bubbles stopped.
Repeat the process for all bajji. Bajji is ready to serve with tea or coffee.
My Notes :
1. While mixing the water to batter add little by little.
2. Always keep oil in low to medium flame while deep frying. If oil is too hot or frying in high flame may cause bajji to cook outer layer easily . Inside it ll be raw.
3. Adding baking soda is optional.
4. Instead of bread you can try with raw banana, onion, potato,capsicum , milagai or brinjal.