Vazhakkai is also called as Raw Banana / Plantain . This is the simple poriyal made with vazhakkai and its very easy to make. We can make this poriyal in no time . This poriyal is made of cooked and grated vazhakkai with grated coconut along with onion , chili , ginger and garlic . This taste good along with rasam / sambar sadham.
Preparation Time:5 mints| Cooking Time : 25 mints|Severs: 2
Vazhakkai / Raw Banana - 1 Big
Green Chili - 1
Curry leaves - few
Oil - 2 tbspn
Mustard seeds - 1 tspn
Urad dal - 1 tbspn
Coconut - 2 tbspn
Salt - to taste
Hing - 1 tspn
Turmeric - 1 tspn
Ginger - 1 tbspn (finely chopped)
Garlic - 1 tbspn (finely chopped)
Onion - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Coriander leaves - 1 tbspn (finely chopped)
1. Cut the vazhakkai into two or three pieces and pressure cook it for 3 whistles. Then peel the skin and grate it finely with the grater.
2. In a pan heat the oil add the mustard seeds allow it to pop.Then add the urad dal, green chili , curry leaves . Once the urad dal turns golden add the ginger and garlic. Then add the chopped onions and cook till the onion turns transparent. Then add the grated banana.
3. Add the salt , turmeric and mix well . Then add the grated coconut and toss well. Turn off the flame and add the chopped coriander leaves.
Podimas is ready to serve.
My Notes :
1. You can increase the amount of coconut as per your taste.
2. Instead of grating you can also chop the vazhakkai finely and add it.
#vazhakkaipodimas #rawbananapodimas #vazhakkaiporiyal #vazhakkaicoconutporiyal #poriyal