Mushroom Green Pulao is the most simplest and quickest pulao variety that can be made easily . This is the one pot recipe . It is made of mushrooms along with the freshly grinded green paste. This goes well with any raita varieties . This is the perfect menu for the weekend lunch . Lets look at the recipe of making this pulao.
Preparation Time:10 mints| Cooking Time : 15 mints|Severs: 2
Mushroom - 200 grams
Basmati Rice - 1 cup
Mint leaves - fistful
Coriander leaves - fistful
Ginger - 1 inch piece
Garlic - 4 cloves
Green Chili - 4
Bay leaf - 2
Cinnamon - 1 inch
Star Annis - 1
Cloves - 3
Oil / Ghee - 3 tbspn
Onion - 1/4 cup (lengthwise chopped)
Salt - to taste
Water - 2 cups
1. Soak the basmati rice for 30 mints and drain the water and keep aside. Clean and cut the mushrooms into bite size pieces. Add the mint leaves , coriander leaves , ginger , green chili, garlic to the blender and grind it to a fine paste.
2. In a pan heat the oil / ghee and add the whole spices. Then add the chopped onions and saute till it turns pink. Then add the grinded paste and cook for two mints.
3. Then add the mushrooms and mix well . After a minute add the rice to it and mix gently.
4. Transfer the mixture from pan to pressure cooker and add the required water and salt. Once it starts to boil close lid and cook for two whistle in medium to high flame. Turn off the stove and open the lid once pressure releases.
Serve the mushroom pulao with raita.
My Notes :
1. You can do directly in the pressure cooker. For photography purpose i did in pan.
2. If you don't want the whole spices to get bite in mouth then saute the spices and add along with the green paste and blend it. Else add garam masala instead of whole spices.
3. If you are doing directly in pressure pan then you can roast the strained rice separately and add it to pressure cooker. It give good results for not breaking the rice.