Badam Cake is the richest and most easiest sweet that is made for Diwali. It can also be called as Almond Cake. As no sugar syrup consistency is needed for this cake this is my preferable sweet variety for Diwali. This recipe required only little amount of ghee.
This can be made also with the mix of cashews. But i prefer making this with only almonds. As Diwali is nearing planned to do this badam cake and share it with you all. Here comes the steps of making this.
Preparation Time: 15 mints| Cooking Time : 30 mints|Severs: 20 pieces
Almonds - 1 cup
Sugar - 1.5 cups
Milk - 3/4 cup
Cardamom - 1 tsp
Melted Ghee - 2 tbspn + 1 tspn
Water - 1 cup
1. Boil the water to a rapid boil and add it to the almonds and soak it for half an hour by covering with lid. Then after half an hour if you try to peel the skin of almonds by pressing at one edge it come out easily.
2. Peal the skin of all almonds similarly . Then add the almonds to the blender and grind it to a fine paste by adding milk. I pulsed the almonds first with whipper. Then added milk . so that its easy to grind fine.
3. Grease the tray with a tspn of ghee. In a kadai add the almond paste and sugar . Mix well and bring to boil. The sugar starts melting. Then add the cardamom and ghee. Mix well again.
4. Keep on stirring . Once it starts bubbles then add the remaining ghee and mix well. Keep on stirring and once the mixture leaves the sides and forms like a mass. Then pour it to the greased tray.
5. Flatten it with back side of spoon evenly. Allow it to cool and cute into desired shapes . Once its completely cooled then take pieces out from tray.
Almond Cake or Badam Cake is ready.
1. You can increase or decrease the amount of sugar and milk as per the taste.
2. Keep the flame in medium throughout the process.
3. As the mixture will be like mass pour it immediately to the greased tray and flatten it.
4. Make sure to cut the pieces when its little warm.
5. It ll be soft and not hard like burfi.