Aloo paratha is the most popular dish in North India or Punjab. It is a breakfast dish popular allover India. This paratha is stuffed with spiced aloo or potato mixture. The aloo or mixture can be made as per your taste and flavor. This can be served with pickle , curd or boondi raita.
I used the simplest aloo stuffing today. You can do the stuffing of your choice and taste. You can also add spice powder like jeera powder, amjur powder to the stuffing. This can be also had for lunch . If you like variation add the finely grated carrot to the stuffing.
Preparation Time:20 mints| Cooking Time : 45 mints|Severs: 8 paratha
For Dough :
Wheat Flour - 1.5 cups
Ghee - 1 tbspn
Salt - 1 tspn
Water - as required
Oil - for frying paratha
For Stuffing :
Potato - 6 medium sized
Turmeric - 1 tspn
Salt - 1 tspn
Coriander leaves - 1 tbspn
Garam masala - 1 tspn
1. Take the wheat flour , ghee , salt in a mixing bowl. Make a soft chapati dough by adding required water. Pressure cook the potato for three whistle and peel the skin . Allow the potatoes to cool down.
2. Then mash the boiled potatoes with the masher and add the salt,turmeric,garam masala and coriander leaves and make it to dough form. Then divide the chapati dough and stuffing into equal sized balls.
3. Roll the chapati by stuffing the aloo masala . Dust the flour when required for rolling .
4. Then heat the tawa and roast the roti in medium flame by adding oil on both sides . Repeat the process for all paratha.
Serve the aloo paratha with curd & pickle.
1. If you are using big sized potatoes then you can grate after boiling and then mash well and use it.
2. You can also add other masala powder to the stuffing of your choice.
3. Dont roll the paratha too thin as making for roti. It should be little thick.