Upma is generally a easiest tiffin variety that can be made very quickly and easily. There are many varieties of upma . In that the most simplest variety is rava upma. This upma is very simple and made in less time. This is perfect dish for breakfast . This upma is made with semolina / rava .
Preparation Time:5 mints| Cooking Time : 20 mints|Severs: 3 Ingredients :
Oil - 3 tbsp Mustard seeds -1 tsp Channa dal - 1 tbspn
Cashew - 1 tsp (optional) Green chili -2 Curry leaves - few
Onion - 1 small finely chopped
Rava / Semolina - 1 cup Water - 2 cups Ghee - 1 tbsp (optional) Salt to taste
hing - 1/4 tbsp
1. Take a cup of semolina and dry roast it then transfer it to a plate . I used the fine variety of sooji . You can use any variety of sooji you like . Even you can use the roasted semolina/ sooji then you can skip this step.
2. Heat the oil in a kadai , once the oil is hot add the mustard seeds allow to splutters. Then add the chana dal and cashews. Once it turns golden brown then add the g.chili , curry leaves and onion. Cook until it turns transparent .
3. Then add the water , salt and hing . Mix well. Bring it to rolling boil.
4. Once the water starts boil reduce the flame to low. Add the rava slowly and mix well without forming any lumps.
5. Then cover with lid and cook for 5 mints. Then add the ghee and serve the upma.
Now the rava upma is ready.