Pista Kulfi is the most popular Indian ice cream. Kulfi comes in a variety of different flavors. Traditionally kulfi is made of milk with the flavor of elachi / cardamom. The kulfi is the famous frozen indian dessert . This kulfi is best in summer and for together . This can be made easily and home . Today we can see the process of making kulfi flavored with pista .
Preparation Time:10 mints| Cooking Time : 1 hour|Severs: 8 kulfis
Milk - 2 cups
Pista - 15 Nos
Badam - 5 Nos
Saffron - few strands (optional)
Fresh cream - 2 tbspn
Sugar - 4 tbspn
Cardamom - 1 tspn
1. Soak the badam in warm water and peel the skin . Add the badam and 10 nos of pista in blender and pulse it . Boil the milk in low flame until it reduces it to 1.5 cups . Keep the ladle and stir the milk occasionally so that it wont get burnt.
2. Take 2 tbspn of warm milk and add the saffron strands to it. Keep it for 5 mints. Then add it to the reduced milk , sugar and mix well. Then add the pulsed badam and pista to the milk.
3. Mix it well . Then add the fresh cream , cardamon and give a quick mix. Finally chop the remaining pista and add it to the milk.
4. Allow it to cool down completely . Then pour in the kulfi mold and set it in freezer for two hours by covering with aluminum foil. After two hours take it out insert the sticks and refrigerate again minimum for 8 hours.
Now the kulfi is ready to serve. After eight hours remove from fridge and keep in warm water for few minutes . Kulfi will easily come out.
My Notes :
1.If you don't have kulfi molds then pour it in the vessel and then cut and serve.
2. You can increase or decrease the amount of sugar and nuts as per your choice.
3. Adding cream is to give the richness and thickness. Instead of cream you can also mix a tspn of cornflour in water and add it to the milk.
4. Adding saffron is optional.